[pyngl-talk] PyNGL

Oleksandr Huziy guziy.sasha at gmail.com
Mon May 16 04:06:27 MDT 2016

Hi:

I've recently installed PyNGL for a friend on linux, from binaries (it took
us ~10 min), just download binaries for mac and unzip the archive, then the
contents of lib/site-packages should go to your python's installation
site-packages dir and the contents of the bin should go to the bin folder
with your python executable.

A somewhat related question: is PyNGL ported to Python 3?

Cheers

> Hi I am a meteorology student at San Jose State University and have been
> trying to install PyNGL for the past month or so. I was able to acquire
> PyNIO from “conda” but not PyNGL. I am not a programmer myself, just a
> meteorologist who uses Python to analyze weather and climate data. Will
> PyNGL ever cross over to conda? What is the easiest way to install PyNGL
> for a Mac user who uses Terminal to code.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jose Ochoa
> SJSU- 2016
> Meteorology: Climate Science