[pyngl-talk] Importing PyNIO from a conda install

Ray Hawthorne frontogenesis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 06:06:28 MDT 2016

Good morning Dave,

Unfortunately, that does not work.

Here’s what I get back when importing Nio:
>>> import Nio
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/Users/frontogenesis/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyNIO/Nio.py", line 63, in <module>
    from nio import *
ImportError: dlopen(/Users/frontogenesis/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyNIO/nio.so, 2): Library not loaded: @rpath/libgssapi_krb5.2.2.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/frontogenesis/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyNIO/nio.so
  Reason: image not found

Here’s what I get when importing PyNIO (success), but try to open the file (not successful):
>>> import PyNIO
>>> f = Nio.open_file("href.t06z.prob.f36.grib2")
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'Nio' is not defined

-Ray