[pyngl-talk] Importing PyNIO from a conda install

Ray Hawthorne frontogenesis at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 21:10:12 MDT 2016

Greetings,

I just installed PyNIO from anaconda and I’m having some trouble reading in a grib2 file.

Using the documentation, when I do an import into my Python script:
import Nio

The import fails to occur.

I dug around in the anaconda subdirectories and tried:
import PyNIO
And that import statement works just fine.

However, when I go to open a grib file:
f = Nio.open_file("href.t06z.prob.f36.grib2”)
I end up getting a traceback.

(Similar issue with importing PyNio.Nio as Nio)

I suspect there’s a discrepancy between the documentation and the build of PyNIO from anaconda — but I’m somewhere in the advanced beginner stage when it comes to Python in general, so I’m not sure how I might be able to fix this so that I can open the grib file with pynio.  Would someone be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Ray Hawthorne