[pyngl-talk] interpolation/extrapolation with pyngl

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Mar 13 11:45:02 MDT 2015

Dear DJ,

PyNGL is not nearly as "beefy" as NCL with regard to interpolation
functions.

You might want to check out ESMPy (ESMP was an earlier package), which is a
Python interface to the ESMF regridding suite of routines.  We've been
using ESMF regridding in NCL for a few years now, and it's great.

I've never used ESMPy personally, but you can check it out at:

https://earthsystemcog.org/projects/esmpy/

--Mary