[pyngl-talk] polyline draw order

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sat Apr 18 12:19:26 MDT 2015

[Sorry, I hit send too early]

I didn't have a chance to tab the new code correctly, but hopefully you can
see from the previous message that you don't need the double "for" loop.
You simply set the special "gsSegments" resources to the "segm" array, and
make sure you pass in LON and LAT as 1D arrays (maybe it would work without
having to do this).

Our PyNGL website is down at the moment due to scheduled semi-annual
maintenance, but I think that "shapefiles4.py" and/or "shapefiles2.py" on
the gallery page use this new resources. I've attached shapefiles4.py here
in case the website doesn't have the latest version.

If you are interested in trying 1.5.0-beta of PyNGL, we have some binaries
at (when the website is back up, hopefully Sunday):

http://www.pyngl.ucar.edu/Training/SEA2015/

which we created for the tutorial. Note that we also have PyNIO binaries
listed here, which also has a number of new features. When we release 1.5.0
of both packages, we hope to do so under "conda", so you don't have to
download them this way.

Some of the binaries may have shared library issues, which are usually easy
to fix.  Let me know if you try to download one of the binaries and have
issues with it.

--Mary