[pyngl-talk] pyngl 1.5.0 source

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Tue Dec 16 15:05:35 MST 2014

On 12/16/2014 10:50 AM, Mary Haley wrote:
> Hi Orion,
>
> Sure thing, I just put it on the web:
>
> http://www.pyngl.ucar.edu/Download/files/PyNGL-1.5.0-beta.tar.gz
>
> As a minimum, you may need to set the env vars:
>
> NCARG_ROOT
> CAIRO_PREFIX
> F2CLIBS
>
> NCARG_ROOT should point to the location of NCL, V6.2.0 or higher. V6.1.2 might
> work.
>
> CAIRO_PREFIX should be set to the root directory where cairo is installed and
> F2CLIBS should be set to "gfortran" if you are using gcc/gfortran.
>
> Other possible ones needed:
>
> FREETYPE_PREFIX
> ZLIB_PREFIX
> PNG_PREFIX
>
> These are only needed if things aren't installed in standard locations, like /usr.

Thanks.  I'm attaching a patch to support installs of NCL (like Fedora's
packages) that specify NCARG_LIB in addition to NCARG_ROOT.

Also, for it to be successfully installed as a 64-bit system python package
(e.g. via rpm), the Ngl.pth file needs to be installed in the binary python
path (/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages) instead of the arch independent path
(/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages).  I think you want:

pkgs_pth       = get_python_lib(1)

Seems to build okay with NCL 6.1.2.

--
Orion Poplawski