[Proflist] GAANN Fellowships in Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences at Rutgers

Alan Robock robock at envsci.rutgers.edu
Sat Oct 7 09:26:42 MDT 2006

The Department of Environmental Sciences at Rutgers University have been
awarded five PhD fellowships through a GAANN Project supported by the
Department of Education.  The general objective of this project is to train
Ph.D. scientists and engineers in the areas of environmental biology,
chemistry, physics, and engineering.  More specifically, we will seek to
educate scientists and engineers from traditionally under-represented
backgrounds and will make a special effort to recruit women and minorities for
these fellowships.  We have started recruiting and we expect to award most (if
not all) of the fellowships by Fall 07. Outstanding students can be considered
for the Spring semester 07. The attached file provides basic information on the
project; please consider using it to advertise these opportunities to your
students and encourage them to contact the Faculty Advisory Committe if
interested.  More information is posted on our Department web site at
http://envsci.rutgers.edu/gaann.html and it will be updated periodically.

Alan Robock, Professor II
   Meteorology Undergraduate Curriculum Coordinator
   Associate Director, Center for Environmental Prediction
Department of Environmental Sciences              Phone: +1-732-932-9478
Rutgers University                                  Fax: +1-732-932-8644
14 College Farm Road                   E-mail: robock at envsci.rutgers.edu
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8551  USA      http://envsci.rutgers.edu/~robock