[Oppslist] Research Fellows Vacancies at ECI - Oxford University

Sue King sue.king at eci.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jul 25 02:04:02 MDT 2012

We are advertising for two Research Fellows to join our ECI climate research programme.  Please circulate to interested parties:

1.      Research Fellow - Climate Impacts and Risks

Environmental Change Institute, School of Geography and the Environment, South Parks Road, Oxford

Grade 8: £37,012 - £44,166 p.a.

The Environmental Change Institute (ECI) in the University of Oxford is seeking to appoint a Research Fellow to join its climate research programme. The climate programme spans from global climate modelling (including climateprediction.net) and attribution of the impacts of climate change, through to climate risk assessment and UKCIP's work on supporting adaptation decisions.

We are seeking to build upon and expand these areas of expertise by recruiting an expert in climate impacts and risks. We are seeking to further integrate our climate modelling activities with analysis of climate impacts and risks, in particular in one or more of the following three impact areas: water resource systems, ecosystems, food systems. We are particularly interested in the quantification of uncertainties and attribution of climate impacts. You will have a PhD and will be expected to have expertise in relevant statistical and/or process-based science and modelling.

You will be conducting independent research and will be encouraged to further your research portfolio, in collaboration with colleagues in the ECI's climate research programme and researchers in cognate disciplines in the School of Geography and the Environment and across the University of Oxford. You will be expected to contribute to the ECI's taught MSc programme in Environmental Change and Management.

This is a fixed-term post, supported with strategic funds from the ECI for a period of three years. A continued role in the ECI will be dependent upon you securing funding.

The closing date for applications is noon on Friday 31 August 2012.

Contact Person :

Professor Jim Hall

Vacancy ID :

103592

Contact Phone :

01865 275847

Closing Date :

31-Aug-2012

Contact Email :

jim.hall at eci.ox.ac.uk<mailto:jim.hall at eci.ox.ac.uk?subject=Research%20Fellow%20-%20Climate%20Impacts%20and%20Risks>

2.      Research Fellow - Climate Decisions

Environmental Change Institute, School of Geography and the Environment, South Parks Road, Oxford

Grade 8: £37,012 - £44,166 p.a.

The Environmental Change Institute (ECI) in the University of Oxford is seeking to appoint a Research Fellow to join its climate research programme. The climate programme spans from global climate modelling (including climateprediction.net) and attribution of the impacts of climate change, through to climate risk assessment and UKCIP's work on supporting adaptation decisions.

We are seeking to build upon and expand these areas of expertise by recruiting an expert in climate decisions. We are seeking to further strengthen the theoretical basis for the policy-oriented aspects of our climate research. We are therefore seeking to appoint a research fellow with a PhD and expertise in economics and/or decision analysis as applied to climate adaptation or mitigation decisions. We are particularly interested in the role of uncertainty in climate policy decisions.

You will be conducting independent research and will be encouraged to further your research portfolio, in collaboration with colleagues in the ECI's climate research programme and researchers in cognate disciplines in the School of Geography and the Environment and across the University of Oxford. You will be expected to contribute to the ECI's taught MSc programme in Environmental Change and Management.

This is a fixed-term post, supported with strategic funds from the ECI for a period of three years. A continued role in the ECI will be dependent upon you securing funding.

The closing date for applications is noon on Friday 31 August 2012.

Contact Person :

Professor Jim Hall

Vacancy ID :

103664

Contact Phone :

01865 275847

Closing Date :

31-Aug-2012

Contact Email :

jim.hall at eci.ox.ac.uk<mailto:jim.hall at eci.ox.ac.uk?subject=Research%20Fellow%20-%20Climate%20Decisions>

http://www.geog.ox.ac.uk/news/jobs

Many thanks

Sue King, ACIL | PA to Professor Jim Hall | Director of the Environmental Change Institute
and PA to Professor Sir Chris Llewellyn-Smith | Director of Energy Research Oxford University

Environmental Change Institute | University of Oxford | www.eci.ox.ac.uk
Oxford University Centre for the Environment, South Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3QY, UK
sue.king at eci.ox.ac.uk | +44 (0)1865 275847 (Direct) | +44 (0)1865 275848 (Enquiries)

[cid:image001.png at 01CD6A43.F03439C0]