[Oppslist] BART Fellowships for Doctoral Students

Mary Anne Carroll mcarroll at umich.edu
Tue Jan 31 14:45:02 MST 2006

Dear Colleagues,

Attached please find an announcement of the Biosphere-Atmosphere
Research and Training (BART) Program Fellowship compeition for 2006.
Students enrolled in a related doctoral program at ANY US institution
(US citizens or permanent residents) are eligible to apply for
funding for up to two years.

Under the guidance of atmospheric and biospheric faculty mentor, BART
Fellows participate in research and training activities at the
University of Michigan Biological Station for 2 summers (3rd summer
optional) and spend the academic year at their home institutions.
Support includes stipend ($30,000 per year), travel to UMBS,
assistance with travel to 2 conferences, and up to $2,000 for
equipment or supplies.  Tuition and fees are normally waived or
covered by the home institution.

Our target deadline is February 17, 2006.  Please let me know if you
have any questions.

with best regards,

Mary Anne Carroll

Dr. Mary Anne Carroll
Professor, Atmospheric, Oceanic, and Space Sciences
Professor, Chemistry
Director, Program for Research on Oxidants:  PHotochemistry,
Emissions, and Transport (PROPHET)
http://aoss.engin.umich.edu/PROPHET/
Executive Director, Biosphere - Atmosphere Research and Training (BART)
http://www.bart-wmich.org/

Mailing address:
University of Michigan
Department of Atmospheric, Oceanic, and Space Sciences
2455 Hayward Street
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-2143
USA

Tele:  734-763-4066
Fax:  734-936-0503
mcarroll at umich.edu

At the University of Michigan Biological Station:
http://www.lsa.umich.edu/umbs/
9008 Biological Road; Pellston,MI 49769
PROPHET Tower Laboratory:  231-539-7287  voice and fax
PROPHET Labs at Lakeside Laboratory:  Tele:  231-539-7291;  Fax:
231-539-7290