[Oppslist] PDF/Research Associate Positions

James Drummond james.drummond at utoronto.ca
Sat Jan 14 16:52:22 MST 2006

The Canadian Network for the Detection of Atmospheric Change (CANDAC)
and the
Polar Environment Atmospheric Research Laboratory (PEARL)

Vacancies for:
Graduate Students, Post-Doctoral Fellows and Research Associates

The Canadian Network for the Detection of Atmospheric Change (CANDAC)
is a network of university and government scientists in Canada who
specialize in atmospheric measurements and who make measurements at
the Polar Environment Atmospheric Research Laboratory (PEARL) at
Eureka, Nunavut (80N, 86W).
Our research is conducted in four themes:
    * Arctic Troposphere Transport and Air Quality
    * The Arctic Radiative Environment: Impacts of Clouds, Aerosols,
and "Diamond Dust"
    * Middle Atmospheric Chemistry in the Arctic
    * Waves and Coupling Processes

In addition we have a strong commitment to satellite validation and
the monitoring of sudden events in the Arctic.

CANDAC/PEARL research involves a vigorous program of research
measurements at the PEARL laboratory in Canada's High Arctic which is
a permanently staffed research facility.  Many of the CANDAC/PEARL
personnel visit the laboratory as part of their research program.

Further details on CANDAC and PEARL can be found at:  http://www.candac.ca

Vacancies
We have a number of vacancies at Post-Doctoral and Research Associate
levels which are detailed at
<http://www.candac.ca/jobs>http://www.candac.ca/jobs.  These will be
held at various universities associated with CANDAC depending upon
the position.

There are also vacancies for graduate students in all areas of PEARL
research.  Graduate students can expect to spend some time at the
PEARL laboratory in Canada's High Arctic. Please see
http://www.candac.ca and
<http://www.candac.ca/jobs>http://www.candac.ca/jobs for more details.