[Nsa] Organizing the NCAR day of Networking and Discovery

Andrew Gettelman andrew at ucar.edu
Thu Feb 25 15:00:23 MST 2016

Dear Colleagues,

A planning committee for the second annual NCAR day of networking and
discovery is being formed. It is scheduled for Earth Day - April 22, 2016.

We need a volunteer from the NCAR Scientists' Assembly to serve on a
committee of seven.

The event last year was tremendously successful and all feedback was very
positive. The two suggestions made by staff to improve the event further
were: (1) to have an open call for presentations; and (2) create more time
for networking. The agenda for last year can be found here:

https://ncar.ucar.edu/ncar-day-of-networking-discovery

There will be an open call for presentations. The job of the committee will
thus be working through the list of candidate speakers and developing an
agenda that represents the diversity of our staff and programs. And, while
doing so, brainstorming on ways to create more networking opportunities.

The director's office will handle the announcements, call for abstracts,
maintaining the website, etc. so the job of the planning committee will be
to sort through the abstracts and construct the agenda. It should not be
too much work for the planning committee.

Please reply to me (andrew at ucar.edu) if you are interested. Thank you for
considering this request and let me know if you have questions.

Regards,

Andrew

Dr. Andrew Gettelman   andrew at ucar.edu
http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/staff/andrew/
+1.303.497.1887
National Center For Atmospheric Research
3090 Center Green Drive,
Boulder, Colorado 80301, USA