[Nsa] ASP Graduate Visitor Program

Paula Fisher paulad at mail.ucar.edu
Fri Aug 30 13:15:20 MDT 2013

To the NCAR Scientific Staff:

The Advanced Study Program is pleased to announce that we are now
accepting applications from NCAR scientific staff for our Graduate
Visitor Program (GVP). The application deadline is October 31, 2013
for visits that begin before January 2015.

The Advanced Study Program's  Graduate Visitor Program is designed to
provide NCAR staff opportunities to bring graduate students to NCAR
for 3 to 12-month collaborative visits with the endorsement of their
thesis advisors and in pursuit of their thesis research. These visits
have the goal of enhancing NCAR partnerships with other public and
private institutions.

We will once again include the newly created Warner Internship for
Scientific Enrichment (WISE).  In memory of Professor Tom Warner, the
Research Applications Laboratory and Advanced Study Program of NCAR
have created a new graduate student visitor opportunity as part of the
Graduate Student Visitor Program. Combining research and service to
society, in the spirit of the Professor's approach to science, the
Warner Internship for Scientific Enrichment (WISE) offers graduate
student opportunities to engage in direct exposure to a broad range of
atmospheric research applications and impacts enhancing the student's
appreciation for the role of science in service to society.

For more information about the GVP and WISE, contact Paula Fisher at
ext. 1328, paulad at ucar.edu, or see the Web page at
http://www.asp.ucar.edu/graduate/graduate_visitor.php

Paula

Paula Fisher
Advanced Study Program
PO Box 3000
Boulder, CO 80307
Phone:  303-497-1328  Fax:  303-497-1646
paulad at ucar.edu