[Nsa] First Expert Panel Discussion, Thursday 10am, FL2

Simone Tilmes tilmes at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 8 22:19:27 MDT 2013

Dear everyone,

Please join us this Thursday, April 10:00-11:00am, FL2 Main Auditorium, for the first of the two expert panel discussions on:

Talking with Reporters

sponsored by the NCAR Early Career Scientist Assembly and NCAR & UCAR Communications.

David Hosansky and two local science reporters from radio and TV are invited to discuss best techniques for talking with reporters. Questions from the audience will be addressed. Skills to talk to reporters are important to ensure that scientists are getting their points across and help to inform the public about our research.

Hope you can join us and if you cannot make it this time, our second expert panel discussion is coming up later this month on:

Talking with Potential Funders:
A three-person panel of internal and external experts will provide tips on communicating with potential funders in government and the private sector. Thursday, April 25, 10:00-11:00 a.m., FL2 Main Auditorium.

With best regards,

Simone Tilmes

Chairperson of the ECSA Steering Committee