[Nsa] ASP Graduate Visitor Program

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Thu Sep 6 09:09:30 MDT 2012

To the NCAR Scientific Staff:

The Advanced Study Program is pleased to announce that we are now
accepting applications from NCAR scientific staff for our Graduate
Visitor Program (GVP). The application deadline is October 31, 2012 for
visits that begin before January 2014.

The Advanced Study Program's  Graduate Visitor Program is designed to
provide NCAR staff opportunities to bring graduate
students to NCAR for 3 to 12-month collaborative visits with the
endorsement of their thesis advisors and in pursuit of their thesis
research. These visits have the goal of enhancing NCAR partnerships with
other public and private institutions.

New for 2012 is the Warner Internship for Scientific Enrichment (WISE).
In memory of Professor Tom Warner, the Research Applications Laboratory
and Advanced Study Program of NCAR have created a new graduate student
visitor opportunity as part of the Graduate Student Visitor Program.
Combining research and service to society, in the spirit of the
Professor's approach to science, the Warner Internship for Scientific
Enrichment (WISE) offers graduate student opportunities to engage in
direct exposure to a broad range of atmospheric research applications
and impacts enhancing the student's appreciation for the role of science
in service to society.

For more information about the GVP and WISE, contact Paula Fisher at
ext. 1328, paulad at ucar.edu <mailto:paulad at ucar.edu>, or see the Web page
at http://www.asp.ucar.edu/graduate/graduate_visitor.php

Paula

Paula Fisher