[Nsa] NESL Director Search

Joe Tribbia tribbia at ucar.edu
Thu Oct 28 13:26:14 MDT 2010

NCAR Scientists:

As you likely know, NCAR is beginning the search for a new NCAR
Earth System Laboratory (NESL) Director. The position will be
advertised in the next few days. At present, the search committee
is collecting the names of suggested candidates in a master list that
will be used by the search committee as a guide for the recruitment of
applicants. This list is required to be complete by November 11.

As the representatives of NCAR scientists on the search committee,
we are asking that you thoughtfully consider who would be excellent
candidates for NESL Director and pass those names to us so that they
will be assured of appearing on the master list. The search committee
has been advised that both internal and external candidates should be
considered with the goal of selecting the best person for this position.
It would be most helpful to us if full contact information is also included
with your suggestion. Because of the aforementioned deadline, we request
that you send names to us by November 9. We will, of course, maintain
confidentiality  with respect to your suggestions.
Please email suggestions to either  Joe Tribbia (tribbia at ucar.edu)
or Christine Wiedinmyer (christin at ucar.edu).

Thank you for your assistance in this important hire,

Joe and Christine

Joseph Tribbia
1850 Table Mesa Drive
Boulder, CO 80305