[Nsa] Nominations for important positions

Rick Anthes anthes at ucar.edu
Sun Apr 19 17:02:48 MDT 2009

Dear Joe,
At the NSA meeting last week you asked about how to make nominations to
the UCAR Board and other UCAR committees.  Here is the best way to do
that-go to this web site and make your nominations.
http://www.ucar.edu/governance/committees/nom_form/

Now, there is another set of important nominations.  I talked to Jarvis
Moyers on Saturday and there will be three key and wonderful people at
NSF leaving their positions in the next few months:  Jarvis himself,
Cliff Jacobs, and Jay Fein.  All three of these people have been leaders
in ATM and strong supporters of NCAR and the community.  All three
positions will be advertised and competed.  _Jarvis would like
nominations (including self nominations) for all three positions_. You
are welcome to send these to me or anyone on the President's Council, or
to Jarvis directly.  I will keep any suggestions or comments confidential.

All of these nominations are very important--it's worth some time to
think carefully about these.

I am copying the UMC and the NSA and urging the members to think about
this and respond appropriately.

Rick

Dr.Richard A. Anthes
Phone:  303-497-1652

President
P.O. Box 3000
Boulder, CO  80307-3000

For delivery via express mail, please use:

1850 Table Mesa Drive
Boulder, CO  80305