[Nsa] Fwd: [Fwd: ATOC Poster Conference - Friday, 26 October]

Rolando Garcia rgarcia at ucar.edu
Fri Oct 5 14:02:24 MDT 2007

Dear Colleagues,

Guy Brasseur's office (ESSL) asked me to forward the following
correspondence
to the entire NCAR science staff, since it may be of interest to people
outside
of ESSL.  Those of you in ESSL may have received a copy of the same
message
directly form Guy's office, in which case, apologies for the
duplication of email.

Rolando Garcia
Chair\ NSA Exec COmmittee

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Barb Petruzzi <petruzzi at ucar.edu>
> Date: October 5, 2007 10:56:40 AM MDT
> To: Rolando Garcia <rgarcia at ucar.edu>
> Subject: [Fwd: ATOC Poster Conference -  Friday, 26 October]
>
>  Dear All,
>
>  As you know, NCAR encourages scientists to collaborate with
> universities. One way of doing this is to host students, who would
> then work with NCAR, while at the same time being involved with their
> university.
>
>  The Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences - ATOC, at the
> University of Colorado will be hosting a poster conference on Friday,
> 26 October from 1:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. (please see attached flyer).
> This is an opportunity to meet some up and coming students, and we
> encourage you to attend, if possible.
>
>  If you are interested in meeting some students at this poster
> session, it would be best for you to send CU a paragraph about your
> research project and a time when you would be at the poster session
> (contact information on flyer).  Then the students interested in the
> topic can show up to talk with you at that time.  If you cannot make
> the poster session, the student can contact you separately. CU has
> offered to have a space set aside for such meetings.  All of these
> students will currently be TAs so they do not need immediate support.
>
>  Thank you on behalf of Guy Brasseur,
>  Barb
> --
> Barb Petruzzi
> Executive Assistant to
> Dr. Guy P. Brasseur, NCAR Associate Director
> Earth and Sun Systems Laboratory
> Boulder, Colorado 80307 USA
> Voice: +1-303-497-1602
> Fax: +1-303-497-8100