[Nsa] NCAR Science Advisor position -- reminder

Rolando Garcia rgarcia at ucar.edu
Fri Dec 7 14:10:25 MST 2007

Following is a copy of the message sent a few weeks ago requesting
nominees for the
position of NCAR Science Advisor (S.A.)  To date, we have received only
a couple of names.
As the current S.A. will be stepping down in January, this is a
reminder to volunteer
or submit a nomination, as the NSA Exec Committee would be meeting in
January to choose
the new S.A.  Thanks!

Dear colleagues,

As you know, the executive committee of the NCAR Scientists' Assembly
(NSA) supervises
the NCAR Science Advisor.  This 1/2 time position was created to serve
as a link between
NCAR management and NCAR scientists; to represent the NSA on the NCAR
Executive
Committee and Directors' Committee; and to provide advice to the NCAR
Directorate.
The Science Advisor must be a member of the NSA who does not hold an
upper management
position (Division Director or above).

The current Science Advisor, Dr. Anne Smith (ACD), will complete her
term at the end
of this year.  I am therefore soliciting candidates for the position.
If you or anyone
in your division is interested in volunteering or learning more about
it, please
contact me or your divisional representative on the NSA Executive
Committee.

A full description of the Science Advisor position may be found at:
http://www.ncar.ucar.edu/nsa/advisor.php

A list of current divisional representatives on the NSA executive
committee is at:
http://www.ncar.ucar.edu/nsa/ec.php

Let me also take this opportunity to mention that the NSA website has
recently been
upgraded thanks to the help of Kris Conrad.  There is also a convenient
link to the NSA
website form the home page of the main NCAR website,
http://www.ncar.ucar.edu/, under the
"NCAR Organizational Quicklinks" list.

Thanks for your attention, and I hope you will consider applying for
the Science
Advisor position.

Rolando Garcia
Chair, NSA Exec Committee