[ncl-talk] Unable to set explicit levels on contour plot

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 15 15:52:14 MDT 2018

Hi Nick,
I think what is happening is that symMinMaxPlt is overruling your previous
settings of cnLevels. Try uncommenting out these lines:
 res at cnLevelSelectionMode = "ExplicitLevels"   ; set explicit contour levels
 res at cnLevels    = (/ -12,
-10.,-8.,-6.,-4.,-2.,-1.,1.,2.,4.,6.,8.,10.,12./)   ; set levels
and then comment out the symMinMaxPlt line:
;symMinMaxPlt(w, 14, False, res)

If that doesn't fix it let ncl-talk know..
Adam

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 3:16 PM, Nicholas Thomas Luchetti <
Nicholas.Luchetti at colorado.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to set explicit contour levels on a vertical cross-section
> plot however with no luck....
>
> I've tried both "ExplicitLevels" and "ManualLevels"  settings but neither
> seem to work.
>
> I've looked at all sorts of examples online but can't seem to see why mine
> won't work
>
> I've attached my script.  As well as two plots from 2 different WRF
> runs... I want to be able to compare these, but if I can't set the scale
> the same then it's difficult to compare....
>
> Does anyone have any idea as to why I can not set these levels?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Nick Luchetti
>
> --
> Nicholas Luchetti
> Graduate Student
> Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (ATOC)
> CU Boulder

Adam Phillips