[ncl-talk] Hatch over contour plot

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 8 10:30:35 MST 2018

Hi Marston,

If you simply want to draw hatching on top of an existing contour plot,
then you can use gsn_contour_shade.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Interfaces/gsn_contour_shade.shtml

This function is for the sole purpose of taking an existing contour plot,
and adding some hatching or stippling to highlight an area of interest.

Here are some examples:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/conOncon.shtml#ex4
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/coneff.shtml#ex11
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/overlay.shtml#ex5
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/wavelet.shtml#ex3

Some of these may not use gsn_contour_shade.

Let ncl-talk know if this is not what you're after.

--Mary