[ncl-talk] wind vector label

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Mar 7 16:03:54 MST 2018

Hi Manisha,

I'm afraid you can only change the foreground and background colors. You
can read about this on the wmvlbl page:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/wmvlbl.shtml

The wmxxxx routines are very limited. You might try drawing your own label
using gsn_add_text or gsn_text_ndc. You may have to draw it over the
existing label, or you could try reconstructing the whole label and
reference arrow yourself with calls to gsn_text_ndc and gsn_polyline_ndc.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you

--Mary