[ncl-talk] Polar plots - Actual pole / Latitudes ?

HELEN PARISH hparish at ucla.edu
Tue Jan 16 22:39:06 MST 2018

I have now successfully produced a polar plot without a map underneath -
thanks !. However, I have a couple of important questions:

1) How can I make a polar plot that has the data at the actual pole ?. By
default the plotting software seems to put a white circle with a cross
inside at the pole. However, it is clear from the appearance of the data
right next to the pole that data could easily be interpolated right over
the pole. Could you please tell me how to put data on the pole, rather than
the white circle with the cross in it ?.

2) What are the latitudes plotted on the polar plot be default ?. There
appear to be 6 dashed division lines between whatever the outermost
latitude is and the pole. Are these 15 degree latitude bands ?. Or are
these 10 degree latitude bands and it does not plot all the way from the
pole to the equator ?. Is there a way to label the latitudes on the polar
plot so you know what you are looking at ?.

Thanks,
Helen.