[ncl-talk] missing values in reg_multlin_stats

Anahita Amiri Farahani aamir003 at ucr.edu
Wed Jan 10 16:00:12 MST 2018

Dear all,

I wanted to use reg_multlin_stats to calculate linear regression between
low cloud and stability, the low cloud and stability are my dependent and
independent variables. Stability is calculated based on the potential
temperature at the surface and 700 hPa. So we have missing values for some
areas. When I read the description of this function, it says While missing
values are allowed, it is recommended that users not input any missing
independent values. It just confuses the results. Missing values should be
indicated by the _FillValue
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Language/fillval.shtml> attribute.

But when I use this function I got this error: reg_multlin_stats: XP has
missing values. Not allowed!

and it popped out from NCL, Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ana