[ncl-talk] covariance_query

Kunal Bali kunal.bali9 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 22:55:25 MST 2018

Dear NCL users,

I am getting some warning and error during covariance calculation.
could anyone please let me know how can it be sorted out.

The summary is given below.

Variable: CoD_final
Type: float
Total Size: 5076540 bytes
            1269135 values
Number of Dimensions: 2
*Dimensions and sizes:    [1185] x [1071]*
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 1
  _FillValue :    -28672
(0)    min=0   max=1

Variable: ccr
Type: float
Total Size: 5076540 bytes
            1269135 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
*Dimensions and sizes:    [1185] x [1071] x [1]*
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 1
  _FillValue :    -28672

*the I triedccv = escovc(CoD_final,ccr(:,:,0))*

But after trying this I got several warning

warning:escovc: Non-fatal conditions encountered in series or xstd = 0.0
(0)    is_valid_latlon2d_attr: Warning: The 'lat2d' attribute must either be
(0)    the same dimension sizes as the data, or one element larger in both
directions.
(0)    Your data will most likely not be overlaid on the map correctly.
(0)    check_for_y_lat_coord: Warning: Data either does not contain
(0)    a valid latitude coordinate array or doesn't contain one at all.
(0)    A valid latitude coordinate array should have a 'units'
(0)    attribute equal to one of the following values:
(0)        'degrees_north' 'degrees-north' 'degree_north' 'degrees north'
'degrees_N' 'Degrees_north' 'degree_N' 'degreeN' 'degreesN' 'deg north'
(0)    is_valid_latlon2d_attr: Warning: The 'lon2d' attribute must either be
(0)    the same dimension sizes as the data, or one element larger in both
directions.
(0)    Your data will most likely not be overlaid on the map correctly.
(0)    check_for_lon_coord: Warning: Data either does not contain
(0)    a valid longitude coordinate array or doesn't contain one at all.
(0)    A valid longitude coordinate array should have a 'units'
(0)    attribute equal to one of the following values:
(0)        'degrees_east' 'degrees-east' 'degree_east' 'degrees east'
'degrees_E' 'Degrees_east' 'degree_E' 'degreeE' 'degreesE' 'deg east'
(0)    *Error: scalar_field: If the input data is 1-dimensional, you must
set sfXArray and sfYArray to 1-dimensional arrays of the same length.*
warning:create: Bad HLU id passed to create, ignoring it

Thank You

---
Kunal Bali