[ncl-talk] Make zero white in colour bar

Barry Lynn barry.h.lynn at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 08:21:45 MDT 2017

Hi:

I need to follow up.

radar_panel.. plots nc data from the Weather Climate and Tool Kit (anyone
is welcome to use -- but I am not finished with that part of the program to
remove attenuation).

The other program plots WRF radar data.

I have attached data from the mapping of radar observations (KOKX) and the
WRF output.

The radar observations have white space around a 150 km radius because the
data is undefined.

I tried to do the same for the WRF output following Mary's suggestion.
However, there are two problems: i) even though I use the same "NCV_jet"
and ispan values in each, the color bar in the WRF mapping is not the same
(it needs to be redder on the right hand side).  ii) I would expect white
coloring in the first (leftmost) part of the colorbar, but this doesn't
seem to work correctly either. Both problems are probably related.

Thank you,

Barry

--
Barry H. Lynn, Ph.D