[ncl-talk] color table issues

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Sep 28 08:35:27 MDT 2017

Hi Grace,

Minor correction to Dennis' email.  The cnFillPalette resource (only one
'l') is what allows you to set the colormap.  It is not a True/False
resource. The resource Dennis was referring to is cnSpanFillPalette:

  res at cnFillPalette = "rainbow"
  res at cnSpanFillPalette = True     ; span the rainbow color ,ap

However, ever since NCL Version 6.1.0, which is now almost 5 years ago, NCL
spans the full color map by default, and you shouldn't need to set
cnSpanFillPalette at all.

Make sure you don't have this line in your script, because this will cause
the color map to not be spanned:

  res at gsnSpreadColors = False

If you do have the above, try either setting it to True, or commenting it
out.

--Mary