[ncl-talk] how can I write large float value with e scientific notation?

Beáta Szabó-Takács szabo.b at czechglobe.cz
Tue Sep 12 05:18:59 MDT 2017

Dear NCL Users,
I created a table about precipitation bias values in JJA and DJF with taylor_metric_table.ncl. I changed the bias calculation to
bias    = tmean-rmean in taylor_stats.ncl. I got a very large bias value in HIRHAM model in JJA and this value covers the bias value in DJF column on the table. I attached the table. The values are in float form. Could someone let me know how I can write the large float number with scientific notation? I mean if the value is e.g larger than 100000 it will be written 1e5.
Thank you for your help in advance!
Beáta