[ncl-talk] Issues with ESMF_regrid

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Oct 25 12:33:30 MDT 2017

Hi Laura (and Rick),

I think there are issues with the Intel version of ESMF_RegridWeightGen,
which generates the weights file. We've had other issues trying to build
this application using the Intel compiler, and we've been in touch with the
ESMF group about it.

Meanwhile, things seem to work if I use the GNU version of NCL on cheyenne:

module load gnu
module load ncl
which ncl
/glade/u/apps/ch/opt/ncl/6.4.0/gnu/6.2.0/bin/ncl

I just ran your script, and it completed with the following output:

(0) ESMF_regrid_with_weights: retrieving interpolation weights ...
(0) ESMF_regrid_with_weights: calling sparse_matrix_mult to apply weights...
(0) ESMF_regrid_with_weights: dstData
(0)                          Dimensions: 1798 3598
(0)                          minSrcData: 1.5258789063e-05
(0)                          maxSrcData: 0.999069673989844
(0)                          minDstData: 1.5258789063e-05
(0)                          maxDstData: 0.9990587636447192

Variable: mpas_regrid
Type: double
Total Size: 51753632 bytes
. . .
Number of Dimensions: 2
Dimensions and sizes: [lat | 1798] x [lon | 3598]
Coordinates:
            lat: [-89.875..89.875]
           lon: [0.125..359.875]

Number Of Attributes: 3
 missing_value : 9.969209968386869e+36
 remap : remapped via ESMF_regrid_with_weights: Bilinear
 _FillValue : 9.969209968386869e+36

​--Mary
​