[ncl-talk] Fewer questions about a Histogram Plot

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Nov 27 09:19:24 MST 2017

Barry,

If I understand your code, you are looping through every value, converting
it to an integer (N), and then adding N slots to a new array, and assigning
each N slots a integer counter.

So, (/1.3,4.6,3.2,3.8,2.3/) would produce:

(/0,1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4/)

Then I'm not sure what it is you want to do with this new array, since
these values do not tie in with your original values.

However, you can clean up your code snippet by using this. I changed from
i_int and i_num to ix, iy, and ic just to help keep track of the different
variables:

  dims_mod_x = dimsizes(mod_x)
  imod_x     = toint(mod_x)
  y_new      = new(sum(imod_x),typeof(mod_x))

  iy = 0 ; index into y_new
  ic = 0 ; index counter
  do ix = 0,dims_mod_x-1
    y_new(iy:iy+imod_x(ix)-1) = ic