[ncl-talk] Masking

Muhammad Omer Mughal m.mughal1 at postgrad.curtin.edu.au
Wed Nov 8 00:35:31 MST 2017

Hi Mary

Thank you for the reply. The adjustment works perfectly to mask the data. I have another question related to this. When I use the wrfoutput file and use the commands lat2d I get this output

Variable: data3

Type: float

Total Size: 108360 bytes

27090 values

Number of Dimensions: 2

Dimensions and sizes: [south_north | 129] x [west_east | 210]

Coordinates:

Number Of Attributes: 8

lon2d : <ARRAY of 27090 elements>

lat2d : <ARRAY of 27090 elements>

coordinates : XLONG XLAT XTIME

stagger :

units : K

description : TEMP at 2 M

MemoryOrder : XY

FieldType : 104

When I use this to a sliced file from nco which has changed the attributes of the file I get the following output.

Variable: data2

Type: float

Total Size: 108360 bytes

27090 values

Number of Dimensions: 2

Dimensions and sizes: [y | 129] x [x | 210]

Coordinates:

Number Of Attributes: 9

lon2d : <ARRAY of 210 elements>

lat2d : <ARRAY of 210 elements>

stagger :

description : TEMP at 2 M

MemoryOrder : XY

FieldType : 104

coordinates : XLONG XLAT

units : K

time : 40320

Also when I use the sliced  file to mask the data I get the error

(0) shapefile_mask_data:Error: not a valid rectilinear,curvilinear, or unstructured grid.

I will appreciate your help

Muhammad Omer Mughal
MSc BSc Mechanical Engineering
PhD  Research Scholar
Remote Sensing and Satellite Research Group
Department of Imaging and Applied Physics
Curtin University

Curtin University
Tel | +61 8 9266 7962
Fax | +61 8 9266 2377
Mobile | 0470 237 525

Email | m.mughal1 at postgrad.curtin.edu.au<mailto:m.lynch at curtin.edu.au>
Web | http://curtin.edu.au<http://curtin.edu.au/>

Curtin University is a trademark of Curtin University of Technology.
CRICOS Provider Code 00301J (WA), 02637B (NSW)