[ncl-talk] problem with HDF file

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed May 3 12:01:46 MDT 2017

Geeta,

This appears to be HDF4 VDATA data, which NCL doesn't currently support. We
haven't received many requests for this, so it has been very low on our
list of things to add support for.

I added your email to the ticket we have on this (NCL-1195) in case this
becomes something we need to support.

Meanwhile, have you checked around to see if this data is available in
NetCDF format instead?

--Mary