[ncl-talk] loop_query

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Fri Mar 31 11:50:32 MDT 2017

I still find your question and the code confusing.

It takes time to look at code and determine what is happening. It is your
responsibility to pose clear questions and, if appropriate, a clean,
minimal script that illustrates the issue(s). We answer questions on a
volunteer basis. Our time is valuable too! You must help us help you!

Please read the addfiles and adfiles documentation.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/addfiles.shtml
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/addfile.shtml

With addfiles ... please look at examples 1 and 2.

Note the difference between 'cat' (the default) and 'join' (alternate
approach)

---
Create a script that contains *only* this part of your code.

;---Read var1
      dir    = "/home/kunal/"
      fnames = systemfunc("ls " + dir + "DAY_*.nc")

      print(fnames)
      nfil = dimsizes(fnames)
      print("nfil="+nfil)
      print("---")

       a      = addfiles(fnames,"r")
       data = a[:]->bcfire(0,:,:)        ; only one timestep
       printVarSummary(data)        ; *****look at the structure ****  and
sizes

   DATA = a[:]->bcfire
   printVarSummary(data)  ; *****look at the structure ****

DATA should have something like (time,lat,lon) where

dimsizes(time) >1