[ncl-talk] WRF wind-vector vertical profile time-series

Tabish Ansari tabishumaransari at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 11:26:46 MST 2017

Hi

I wish to plot time-series of vertical profile of wind (u and v) at a given
location (grid point) from my WRF output. The closest script I've got for
my purpose is this:

http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/Graphics/NCL/Examples/SPECIAL/wrf_meteo_4.ncl

However, this script plots model levels on the y-axis - I want height in
metres instead. Further, this script works over a single wrfout file which
is imported using addfile but I have multiple daily files. I generally
import variables like: temp = a[:]->t2 but this doesn't work with
wrf_user_getvar() method. So I need an alternate way to read in umet and
vmet (as in the script above) where I get rotated wind vectors time-series
from all the files in order.

Could you please help me achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Tabish

Tabish U Ansari
PhD student, Lancaster Environment Center
Lancaster Univeristy
Bailrigg, Lancaster,
LA1 4YW, United Kingdom