[ncl-talk] size/density of stipple in gsnShade

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 9 12:14:12 MST 2017

Hi Deb,

This function doesn't currently allow you to control the size and density.

Try this modified version of gsn_contour_shade.ncl and let me know if this
is what you want.  You will need to load this script after your other load
commands, if any.

To change the size and/or the scale, set these two new resources:

  opt at gsnShadeFillDotSizeF = 0.002
  opt at gsnShadeFillScaleF = 0.3

I didn't add the capability to do it individually for the low, high, and
mid levels because this will require a bit more work.

Let me know if this is not what you want.

--Mary