[ncl-talk] linint1_n monotonic error

Zhifeng Yang yangzf01 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 18:34:53 MDT 2017

Hi

I am using the function "linint1_n" to interpolate the array to a new
array. But I got the following error while I am using it. Here is the error.

warning:linint1_n: xi and xo must be monotonically increasing

There are some missing values in xi array, but xi and xo are both
monotonically increasing except the missing values part. Actually I used
linint2 before which was fine with missing values if I set the attribute
"_FillValue". I am not sure why linint1_n has this error.

Here I used
res at gsnDebugWriteFileName = "formary"
to generat "formary.ncl" and "formary.nc" file for your reference. See the
attachment.

Thank you very much.
Zhifeng