[ncl-talk] Overlay two times small issues

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Jun 21 09:12:46 MDT 2017

Geeta,

1. I don't know what you mean by the second labelbar being "down in every
plot".  Do you mean you want to reverse the direction of the labelbar? If
so, see example lb_15.ncl at:

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/labelbar.shtml#ex15

2. You can use multiple colors for MSLP.  You need to set
resmslp at cnMonoLineColor to False, and then set cnLineColors to the colors
you want.

See example conwomap_1.ncl at:

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/conwomap.shtml#ex1

3. The shifting is caused because NCL is trying to manage the location of
the contour information label and the vector label with respect to
everything else. Without being able to run your script, I'm not exactly
sure what's causing the shifting to be where it is, but you can always use
Orthogonal resources to adjust these boxes.

vcRefAnnoOrthogonalPosF

cnInfoLabelOrthogonalPosF

I would first try *not* setting:

 res_vc at vcRefAnnoOrthogonalPosF  = -1.0  ; will move the Ref vector to top
Right

to see what happens to the vector box, and then adjust it and the contour
box as necessary.

--Mary