[ncl-talk] convert the double missing_value to float one

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Mon Jun 19 10:38:43 MDT 2017

A comment about netCDF variables. Since NCL variables follow the netCDF
variable model, it holds for NCL variables also.

By rule, the type of the _FillValue should match the type of the variable
with which it is associated.

short variable must have a short _Fillvalue
integer variable ... integer _FillValue
float variable ... float _FillValue
double variable ... double _FillValue

---