[ncl-talk] Query- Regarding WRF post processing

Barry Lynn barry.h.lynn at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 21:06:30 MDT 2017

Hi:

Could you please define your question more clearly?

1) There is no problem to use NCL (or WRF_NCL) to post-process the wrf
output files.

2) If you want to use post-processed wrf output data, then you will
probably have to write your own NCL scripts.

Barry

On Sat, Jun 17, 2017 at 6:26 PM, Gaurav Tiwari <gaurav16 at iiserb.ac.in>
wrote:

> Dear NCL Users,
>
>                      There are some scripts which show we use WRF model
> output data directly in the NCL to get required plots. I am in a dilemma
> that what I know, after successful model run post processing should be done
> but as NCL use model output only and not post processed data, what is the
> significance of WRF post processing in the regards of NCL and if I am wrong
> then how to use post processed files in the NCL scripts?
>

> Thanks,
> Gaurav

Barry H. Lynn, Ph.D
Senior Lecturer,