[ncl-talk] Global radiation and Global horizontal irradiation

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Jun 15 12:08:23 MDT 2017

re: "Global Radiation (G)"  ... Global Radiation and Global Horizontal
Irradiation (GHI)"

You should send your question to wrfhelp at ucar.edu *They* are the WRF
experts.

I think you should also consider:
 https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Crop/radext_fao56.shtml

This is strictly a function of day-of-year and latitude. Think of it as
top-of-atmosphere radiation. Please read the FAO-56 documentation and look
at the formula used [equation 21].

=======
re: the radsol_fao56 & radsol2_fao56 functions.

These require the 'sunhr' which is (commonly) user specified in the 'real
world'. See examples.

Good Luck