[ncl-talk] Wrf output at multiple mast locations

Muhammad Omer Mughal m.mughal1 at postgrad.curtin.edu.au
Mon Jul 17 18:55:04 MDT 2017

Hi Mary

Many thanks for your reply. Kindly see the code I use now to get 2m temperature at one location. The problem is that I am unable to get the corresponding times in the ascii file. Also is there a way to use 15 locations in line

loc = wrf_user_ll_to_ij(a, 103.78538333,1.44386667, True) instead of just one.

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/wrf/WRFUserARW.ncl"
;***********************************************
begin
;***********************************************

DATADir = "./"
  FILES = systemfunc (" ls -1 " + DATADir + "wrfout_d05* ")
a = addfiles(FILES+".nc","r")

times = wrf_user_list_times(a)
ntimes = dimsizes(times)

do it = 0,ntimes-1
ntimes = dimsizes(times)
T2= new(ntimes,"string")
time = it

loc = wrf_user_ll_to_ij(a, 103.78538333,1.44386667, True)
mx = loc(0) - 1 ; array pointers in NCL space
ny = loc(1)-1
lat1  = a[0]->XLAT(0,ny,mx)    ; the is the nearest grid point
lon1  = a[0]->XLONG(0,ny,mx)
tc2 = wrf_user_getvar(a,"T2",it)     ; T2 in Kelvin
tc2 = tc2-273.16                  ; T2 in C
 end do
asciiwrite("2mtemperature.csv",tc2)
end

Muhammad Omer Mughal
MSc BSc Mechanical Engineering
PhD  Research Scholar
Remote Sensing and Satellite Research Group
Department of Imaging and Applied Physics
Curtin University

Curtin University
Tel | +61 8 9266 7962
Fax | +61 8 9266 2377
Mobile | 0470 237 525

Email | m.mughal1 at postgrad.curtin.edu.au<mailto:m.lynch at curtin.edu.au>
Web | http://curtin.edu.au<http://curtin.edu.au/>

Curtin University is a trademark of Curtin University of Technology.
CRICOS Provider Code 00301J (WA), 02637B (NSW)