[ncl-talk] wind_component not working for single values?

Joe Grim grim at ucar.edu
Thu Jul 13 08:47:55 MDT 2017

Hi,

When I try to use the valuable function "wind_component" with single values
(e.g.,  uv = wind_component(17.0,180.,0)), I get the following error
message:
fatal:Number of subscripts (1) and number of dimensions (2) do not match
for variable (uv)
fatal:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 1279 in
file /usr/local/ncl/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl

fatal:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 4 in file
temp.ncl

It looks like it expects "wspd" and "wdir" to have at least two elements in
both arrays.  I know how to program around this, but was wondering if the
intention for this function was to also deal with single values for wspd
and wdir?

Thanks!

Joe