[ncl-talk] Can't work with reassign command ':=', and '::' call fortran command

Alan Brammer abrammer at albany.edu
Fri Feb 24 14:16:28 MST 2017

I don’t think the operator is the problem.

Always start from the first error.
> warning:An error occurred loading the external file $NCL4GC/fortran/binary.so, file not loaded
> libifport.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> warning:error at line 23 in file $NCL4GC/file_io/read_bpch.ncl

Did you rerun WRAPIT with the new NCL install.  If you changed your gcc installation you might need to recompile the shared object.

This would be best in a new email specifically about the loading of the shared object in your script.   The :: operator is not the problem though it’s the initial external command that is failing.

Alan Brammer,
Post-Doc Researcher

Department of Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences,
University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, NY, 12222
abrammer at albany.edu