[ncl-talk] segmentation fault error while plotting vector image using gsn_csm_vector_scalar_map_ce

Zhifeng Yang yangzf01 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 08:52:22 MST 2017

Hi

I am plotting vertical cross section plot with wind vector using WRF output
file. I got an error while I plot the image using
gsn_csm_vector_scalar_map_ce within a loop. I can plot the image with the
1st loop. However, there is a segmentation fault just after the call of the
procedure. If I rewrite the code by merging the procedure with main code,
it will plot smoothly without any segmentation fault. To me, it is very
weird. Here is the main code and procedure. Also I attached some WRF output
for your reference.

​
 wrfout_d01_2015-06-01_00:00:00
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B75ocgChenm7anQ5QkI2cXV1SHM/view?usp=drive_web>
​​
 wrfout_d01_2015-06-01_01:00:00
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B75ocgChenm7ZFJyQ2ExWWNadkk/view?usp=drive_web>
​Please help me to figure this out. Thank you so much.

Best,
Zhifeng