[ncl-talk] png without station lines, pdf with??

Alan Brammer abrammer at albany.edu
Tue Feb 21 14:24:30 MST 2017

Your output png is enormous.  Zoom in and you’ll see the lines. They’re just very thin because they are resolution dependent on the png.
In my experience line thickness is dependent on the output format.  Lines on a pdf are rarely the same thickness as lines on a png.

You’re plotting to a pretty enormous png so the lines are there but very very thin.

  mpres at mpGridLineThicknessF = 2.5
  mpres at mpUSStateLineThicknessF = 2.5
  mpres at mpNationalLineThicknessF =2.5
  mpres at mpGeophysicalLineThicknessF = 2.5

Makes the geographical lines visible with a 7500*7500 resolution png.  I’d question whether it really needs to be that big though.
If you make the output a more reasonable resolution (wkWidth = 1500--2000) the lines become more noticeable or scale up your line thicknesses appropriately.

~Alan