[ncl-talk] ncl systemfunc

Matthias Demuzere matthias.demuzere at ugent.be
Fri Feb 10 10:15:35 MST 2017

Dear all,

I am currently testing the CVDP
(http://www.cesm.ucar.edu/working_groups/CVC/cvdp/) which is written in ncl.
Currently the software does not run because it can't find the proper
datasets.

Finding the data is driven by the *systemfunc* command using curly
brackets (multiple options).
For example, within ncl, I want to list all files that have one of the
following extension: .nc, .hdf, .pdf.

This I do with:
myFiles = systemfunc("ls /DIRECTORY/*{.nc,.hdf,.pdf}")

If I fo this in ncl, I get an error: ls: cannot access
'/DIRECTORY/*{.nc,.hdf,.pdf}': No such file or directory

Yet, when pasting ls /DIRECTORY/*{.nc,.hdf,.pdf} directly in my system
(ubuntu 16.04, 64bit) terminal, I do get a list of the finals with this
extension. So the expected result.

I have tested this in ncl-6.3.0 and 6.2.1, but I have the same problem
in both.
Did anyone else notice this before? Any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Regards,
Matthias

--
Post-doctoral Research Fellow
_____________________________

UGent [Home]
Department of Forest and Water Management
Laboratory for Hydrology and Water Management
Coupure links 653, B-9000 Ghent, Belgium
Email: Matthias.demuzere at UGent.be
Web: http://www.ugent.be/bw/dfwm/en/research/LHWM/staff/matthias

KU Leuven [Affiliated]
Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences
Division of Geography and Tourism / Regional climate studies
Celestijnenlaan 200E, B-3001 Heverlee (Leuven), Belgium
Email: matthias.demuzere at kuleuven.be
Web: https://ees.kuleuven.be/geography/rcs