[ncl-talk] improve the color bar labels

Beáta Szábo-Takács szabo.b at czechglobe.cz
Wed Feb 1 03:16:30 MST 2017

Dear NCL users,

I created a contour plot by gsn_csm_contour_map, where the labels in the color bar are hard to see because I used  res at lbLabelFontHeightF  = 0.005. The figure is attached. If I change the value of lbLabelFontHeightF to 0.007 only the every second label are noted. I also created a panel plot with the same script and used:

resP at gsnPanelLabelBar    = True                ; add common color bar
resP at lbLabelFontHeightF  = 0.007               ; make labels smaller

I got nice colorbar labels. The figure is attached. Could someone suggest me a solution to fix the color bar size in the case of gsn_csm_contour_map? The script is attached, as well.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Kind regards,
Beata