[ncl-talk] Batch process

Karin Meier-Fleischer meier-fleischer at dkrz.de
Mon Dec 18 09:23:07 MST 2017

Please, reply to the ncl-talk list!

Are you familiar with the array subscripts? NCL array indices start with
index 0.

The "END VARS" line has to be "ENDVARS"; the index of ctl starts with 0.

Correct Tmin.ncl script:

;Tmin
begin
   fn =(/"MINT1971.GRD","MINT1972.GRD"/) ; file paths

   ctl=new(8,string)

   ctl(*0*)="UNDEF  99.9"
   ctl(*1*)="XDEF  35  LINEAR 66.5 1"
   ctl(*2*)="YDEF  32  LINEAR 6.5  1"
   ctl(*3*)="ZDEF   1  Linear 1 1"
;* CHANGE TDEF TO 366 FOR LEAP YEARS
   ctl(*4*)="TDEF 365  LINEAR 1JAN1994 1DY"
   ctl(*5*)="VARS  1"
   ctl(*6*)="T 0 99 DAILYTEMP"
   ctl(*7*)="*ENDVARS*"

   do gg = 0,dimsizes(fn)-1
       ctl(0) = "DSET "+fn(gg)
       asciiwrite("file.ctl",ctl)
       system("cdo -f nc import_binary file.ctl "+fn(gg)+".nc")
       system("rm file.ctl")   ; optional
   end do

end

-Karin