[ncl-talk] Error- wrf model output wind plot

Gaurav Tiwari gaurav16 at iiserb.ac.in
Tue Dec 5 09:36:36 MST 2017

Hi Rick,
printVarSummary tells the given message about the variables "u" and "v"

Variable: u
Type: float
Total Size: 26261400 bytes
            6565350 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes: [bottom_top | 55] x [south_north | 345] x
[west_east_stag | 346]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 6
  FieldType : 104
  MemoryOrder : XYZ
  description : x-wind component
  units : m s-1
  stagger : X
  coordinates : XLONG_U XLAT_U XTIME

(similarly for v)

Although I tried what Dennis suggested me but still my concern is to
overcome by following error

fatal:Number of dimensions in parameter (1) of (gsn_csm_vector) is (3), (2)
dimensions were expected

Actually, wrf output variable U10, V10  have two dimensions and and U,V
have three dimension, so kindly give me some idea about the above error.

Thanks,