[ncl-talk] problem with adding file

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 30 07:29:38 MDT 2017

I have both v6 and v7 from:
  https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/data/gridded/data.gpcc.html

%> cd DATA/PRECIP/GPCC
%> ls -l  precip.mon.total.v[6-7].nc

-rw-r--r-- 1 shea cgdcas 1368593336  2014 precip.mon.total.v6.nc
-rw-r--r-- 1 shea cgdcas  348532141   2017 precip.mon.total.v7.nc

See the above URL for descriptions.
===

%> ncl_filedump precip.mon.total.v6.nc

and

%> ncl_filedump precip.mon.total.v7.nc

both work fine.

====
I thought that you have a permissions problem.
However, if Matlab reads the file and NCL does not then that is not the
case.