[ncl-talk] problem with adding file

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 29 15:54:03 MDT 2017

As another test, please see if you can look at the file using
"ncl_filedump" from the UNIX command  line. But, first make sure you have
the file correctly spelled:

ls precip.mon.total.v6.nc

then:

ncl_filedump precip.mon.total.v6.nc

​This is the same thing as the 2-line script that Dennis asked you to try.
If this works, then you can also verify at the same time if "precip" is a
variable in that file.

If you get any errors from the ncl_filedump command, respond back to
ncl-talk with all of the error messages included.

--Mary